Student Engagement

Reserving Space on Campus

Alumni Center

To reserve a room in the Alumni Center, visit the Events Management Office in the Alumni Center at 420 Beach Ave, call 515-294-4625, or email

Free Speech- Outdoor Events

Free speech can occur anywhere on campus but there are some restrictions. In addition, the university has the right to control time, place and manner. See the outdoor area use policy for more information.

Howe Hall Auditorium

The Howe Hall Auditorium can be reserved by emailing the College of Engineering.

Hoover Hall Atrium

To reserve the Hoover Hall Atrium, submit an event form to the University Event Authorization system and select "Hoover Hall Atrium" as the location.

Iowa State Center

The Iowa State Center (Stephens Auditorium, Fisher Theater, Scheman Building) can be rented out for large events and conferences. Contact Events and Services at the Iowa State Center or visit their web site for more information.

Memorial Union

To reserve a room in the Memorial Union for a meeting or an event, submit a request online. Memorial Union only reserves rooms for student organizations one semester in advance and based on your organization tier.

On Campus Classroom or Auditorium

To reserve a classroom/auditorium on campus (outside of the Memorial Union) you will need to fill out a Room Reservation Request.

Recreation Services

Facilities through Recreation Services can be reserved by  filling out the Facility Reservation Form.

Residence Halls

Recognized Residence Hall Organizations can reserve meeting and event space in the residence halls by visiting the Department of Residence meeting rooms page.


Related Pages to Consider:

Facilities Planning and Management

Lynn Fuhrer Lodge

Memorial Union Event Management Office

© 2024 Student Engagement. All rights reserved.