Newsline | August 10, 2022
Registration for the Fall 2022 ClubFest is open!
ClubFest is a great opportunity for your organization to promote and recruit for the year! Register now and start preparing your informational handouts, displays, sign-ups, and giveaways to highlight what makes your organization great!
Print Deadline: Register your organization by Wednesday, August 24, to be included on the printed maps handed out at ClubFest. After that date, your club's information will only be listed on the ClubFest website.
Registration Deadline: Club registration will close at noon on Tuesday, August 30.
Wednesday, August 31
11am - 4pm
Is your student organization looking for additional funds to make your upcoming events or functions even better? Check out these funding sources below!
Line Item Transfers - Already have Student Government Funding, but looking to use it for something else? Since Student Government funding has to be used according to the line items that it was allocated toward, make sure to apply for a Line Item Transfer!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
MSLC allocates funding for events initiated by student organizations that promote diversity awareness and education within the Iowa State community. The funding application can be found HERE.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
If your student organization has recently transitioned the President, Treasurer, Advisor, or any other officer positions, remember to update them in the Student Organization Database! Now is also a great time to update your roster of members by adding new members and removing others!
Also, remember to check out and take advantage of all the useful features in the database, including:
- Customizable website navigation menu, customizable footers, and page editor toolbar.
- More user-friendly tools for organization management.
- Streamlined processes for recognition and compliance agreement.
- And more!
If you experience any issues, bugs, or have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resources and Opportunities for Organizations and Officers
We are looking for local, civic, community, school, campus student groups, and other non-profit organizations who would like to fundraise for their organizations. ISU Dining is offering fundraising opportunities to any non-profit organizations interested in earning extra money for their organization. Interested groups may choose from the options below. Limited opportunities are available.
Expected duties might include serving meals, dining room service, dishwashing, and miscellaneous cleaning duties, no cooking. Each 3-hour shift would involve standing, lifting, and moving around.
Each of your group members will be earning $13 per hour for your organization. Groups would be assigned to one of our dining facilities.
- Dining Location - August 15 – September 30th, 2022 your group would help in a dining location on a specified day (same day and time) for each of the weeks. Time periods would be 10:30am-1:30pm or 11am-2pm
- Football Saturdays – assist inside the dining location (not at the actual game), sign up for 3 or more games, time is determined by the game time, assistance needed prior to or following the game
Organize your group members/friends, etc. to assist your group and create a team. Each team would consist of one Team Leader and four members (5 total workers) for each date.
- A Team Leader must be present each day, two people may share the responsibility attending on different days during the event. Team members may vary from day to day with four members in attendance for each day. Suggestion: ask members to work multiple days but explain they are not committing themselves to work every day.
- All Team Leaders and workers must be age 18 or older by August 15, 2022. Each Team Leader must complete and share food safety information prior to the fundraising date. The Team Leaders will be responsible for their group members (ability to perform tasks, transportation, training, signed forms for each member, and supervision during the shift).
For more information, please check HERE.
Senior Vice President for Student Affairs Dr. Toyia Younger wants you to apply to serve on the Senior Vice President for Student Affairs (SVPSA) Student Advisory Board. This unique opportunity allows you to share your opinions and perspectives directly with a senior leader at Iowa State on an ongoing basis to help improve the student experience. Board members consist of undergraduate and graduate students, represent all academic colleges, and embody the diversity of ISU. Students meet once per month with SVP Younger and respond to inquiries and provide feedback to questions online. Learn more and apply by August 31. This is a paid, ongoing leadership experience for students!
Do you know a woman at Iowa State who positively impacts the university through her actions, involvements and achievements? If YES, then nominate her for the 2023 Women Impacting ISU calendar. The annual calendar highlights the impact of 12 women – faculty, staff and students – currently on the Iowa State campus.
Nominations of students are particularly welcomed, as fewer students are typically nominated each year.
Instructions for nominating someone and a link to the nomination form are available at https://go.iastate.edu/BTT82P. Completed nominations must be received by 11:59 p.m., Friday, Sept. 30, 2022.
Student organizations play an important role in college life and have a lasting impact on the University. Because of the nature of being a student sees you leave after graduating, much of the history of an organization can be lost or forgotten over time. The Iowa State University Archives invites student organizations to partner with us to help preserve your organization’s history, including especially its creation, development, priorities, and activities.
We value the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. All organizations are welcome and part of the ISU legacy. We particularly welcome organizations of minoritized groups and activists who have often been left out, erased, or otherwise lack a sense of belonging in archives.
For more information on how to participate, please contact Greg Bailey, University Archivist, at email@example.com.