Newsline | April 8, 2020
Virtual Resources for Your Organization!
The Student Activities Center has created a Virtual Resources for Student Organizations page that is updated daily. Check it out for tips and tricks on leading your organization from home!
Find information on the following topics:
- Virtualizing and Canceling Student Organization Events
- Hosting Virtual Meetings
- Virtual Officer Elections and Transitions
- Online Activities to do Together as an Organization
- Student Office and Storage Space Updates
- Student Organization Mail Procedures
- Tips and Best Practices for Leading an Organization Virtually
- Additional Campus Resources
Questions? Click Here to Ask the SAC.
Use the Virtual Officer Transition Guide!
Is your organization currently working on transitioning officers while communicating virtually? Use this online Officer Transition Guide to help!
The Leadership and Service Center has created a checklist to guide your transition process that can be done 100% virtually.
Downloadable Resources on the Checklist Include:
- A Transition Document Template
- An Incoming Officer Reflection Questions Worksheet
- A Transition Meeting Guiding Questions Document
- A SMART Goals Activity Worksheet
- Other SAC, Accounting, Event Management, and Marketing Resources
Questions or need assistance? Click Here to Ask the SAC.
Take Our Quick Survey - We Want to Hear From You!
As ISU navigates the unprecedented challenges presented by COVID19, the Student Activities Center would like to gauge how well student organizations have shifted their operations to an online-only environment and identify any challenges that student organizations may be facing.
Take our quick survey here to tell us how you're doing and how we can help!
Questions about student org resources or university processes? Click Here to Ask the SAC.
Check Out These Online Leadership Activities and Resources!
Looking for ways to continue to learn about leadership and grow as a leader from home? Check out the Leadership and Service Center's new Online Leadership Resources page!
Find resources to do the following:
- Take Leadership and Personality Assessments
- Watch TED Talks
- Participate in Virtual Discussions
- Explore Free Online Courses for Leaders
- Watch Leadership Videos, Webinars, and Virtual Workshops
- Read Online Leadership Journals, Websites, and Blogs
- Check Out Other Student Activities and MU Resources
Questions? Email the Leadership and Service Center at email@example.com.
Resources and Opportunities for Organizations and Officers
Have Questions or Comments for the SAC? Visit the Ask the SAC web page!
Tell us how we can help! If you have any questions, comments, or concerns that you would like to talk about with the Student Activities Center Staff, get answers here by "Asking the SAC!"
We can help answer questions about how to manage your student organization virtually, complete student organization processes online, find virtual involvement opportunities, and so much more!
Advertise Your Organization in the Get Involved Booklet
Looking for a cool way to advertise your student org? Advertise in the Student Activities Center's Get Involved Booklet!
Copies of the booklet are handed out at Fall ClubFest and mailed to residence halls. As an advertiser, you will reach thousands of students seeking ways to get involved, meet new people, and make their own ISU experience a meaningful one.
Ad Space Request Forms are due by Friday, April 24.
Save the Date for Fall ClubFest 2020!
ClubFest will be held on Wednesday, September 9, from 11am - 4pm, on Central Campus. Registration for student organizations will open on Wednesday, August 19 at 10:00am.
Mark your calendars!
Graduate and Professional Organizations - Update Your Database Category!
We've added a new organization category in the Student Organization Database that is "Graduate and Professional." If your organization serves primary graduate and/or professional students, be sure to update your organization's category in the database by following these steps!
- Go to to the Student Org Database and Login with your Net-ID and password
- Click on "Profile" on the left-hand side
- Click on the name of your organization
- Click on "Basic Information" in the checklist
- Under "Category," check the "Graduate and Professional" box
- Click "Save" at the bottom of the page
Renew Your Student Organization MU Storage Space for 2020-2021
Storage Space Renewal Only for 2020-2021 Academic Year
If your organization currently has storage space in the Memorial Union and would like to apply to renew that space for the 2020-2021 academic year, please fill out the Online Storage Renewal Form by Friday, April 17 at 5:00 pm.
At this time, we will not be accepting new applications for student organization storage. Depending on space availability, we may open a Student Organization Storage Space Application for organizations who do not currently have storage space in the Memorial Union in the fall.
Use This Time to Create or Update Your Co-Curricular Transcript
A Co-Curricular Transcript (CCT) is a record of your involvement, experiences and achievements as an ISU student. Having a CCT serves as a one stop shop for you to demonstrate skills and attributes to various opportunity providers - giving you that competitive edge!
Learn more here!
Leadership and Service Center Resources
The Leadership and Service Center is now closed for the remainder of the Spring semester, but will re-open in August! Submit your Fall 2020 Workshop Request today!
- Meet one on one with a peer leadership and service consultant
- Find leadership and service opportunities
- Create a new club or organization
- Get advice on how to improve your club
- Check out team builder activities and materials
- Get help planning organization retreats
- Request custom workshops, presentations, and activities for your organization's next meeting or retreat