Newsline, March 9, 2016
Student Org Event Sponsorship Deadline April 1 for Fall 2016 Events
The Division of Student Affairs would like to ensure that support for our student organizations meets the demands of our growing student body and our increasingly diverse student population. We help student organizations fund events throughout the academic year.The Student Organization Event Sponsorship Program offers recognized student organizations an opportunity to receive funds to hold events throughout the academic year. Events must fall under one of the following tracks: service, fundraising, entertainment, academic showcase, student organization recruitment, or athletics/recreation. Applications for fall 2016 events are due on April 1, 2016.
Connect to a Cause on CyServe Day
CyServe Day provides Iowa State students opportunities to help and serve in the Ames community. Sign up yourself or your club today!
Request Office/Storage Space For Your Club
Resources and Opportunities
This May, Iowa State University will host the Odyssey of the Mind World Finals conference. The conference will be large, and ISU Dining needs help serving meals. They are looking for local, civic, community, school and other non-profit organizations that would like to earn extra money for their organization. Assistance will be needed from Wednesday, May 25 through Saturday May 28, 2016. This is a wonderful opportunity for non-profit organizations to raise money for their cause quickly. To participate, contact Diane Schmidt at (515) 294-5573.
Veritas magazine is a non-biased student publication seeking to educate the Iowa State community on politics, specifically the presidential race. We are offering one page of FREE advertising to a student organization! To apply, write a paragraph as to why your student organization deserves the free space and design an ad. Email these materials to email@example.com no later than March 21 to be considered! Check out the spring semester of Veritas to see if your organization was included.
Who makes the MU the living room of your Iowa State home? Nominate them for an MU Award! Nominations are due Tuesday, April 12.
The 2016 Student Organization Award categories include:
- Outstanding Student Leader of the Year
- Outstanding Commitment to Diversity
- Outstanding Commitment to Service
- Outstanding Event of the Year
- Outstanding Student Organization Adviser of the Year
Learn the requirements for each award and fill out the forms. Nominations are due Wednesday, April 6 at 5pm.
Nominations now open for outstanding young volunteers for the 10th annual award ceremony to individuals and groups who performed outstanding volunteer service in Story County in the past year. The awards are given by the Volunteer Center of Story County and the Iowa State University Student Activities Center.
- Display all your club's photos in the new photo gallery application.
- Use the new calendar feature to list events and meetings for your members and anyone who visits your webpage. Students can also subscribe to your calendar so that your events show up on their personal calendar within the student organization database, which can be found under "My Stuorg," and then "Calendar."
- Once you create your event on the calendar, you can have event attendees check in with a prox card or card swipe reader that collects participant names in a database within your website. You can then pull an attendance report at any time.
- Manage your subscribers! Students, faculty, staff and anyone with an account can subscribe to your organization to get announcements in addition to the information on your calendar. Be sure to visit the "Manage Subscribers" page to see who's subscribing to your organization, and invite others to subscribe. Once you have a list, you can create and send announcements to those subscribers within the site.
Learn more about how you can earn 25% of revenue earned while your participants have a blast bowling and playing billiards!