Newsline, March 24, 2016
Reserve Your Space in the MU For Your Club
Proposal Help Session on Tues. March 29, 6:30pm, in MU 3219
The 2016 Student Organization Award categories include:
- Outstanding Student Leader of the Year
- Outstanding Commitment to Diversity
- Outstanding Commitment to Service
- Outstanding Event of the Year
- Outstanding Student Organization Adviser of the Year
Learn the requirements for each award and fill out the forms. Nominations are due Wednesday, April 6 at 5pm.
Resources and Opportunities
Looking for an activity to promote your organization and fundraise this spring? Come participate at Cyclone Market! This year, Cyclone Market is partnering with the Spring Football Game on April 16th. Your organization will have the opportunity to sell the product of your choice and keep all of the profits! Register here:
http://goo.gl/forms/8u1Q1iPNR8. Hurry, registration ends on April 1! Any questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Center of ExCYtment Picnic (Thursday, August 18, 2016) – If your organization can host an outdoor interactive booth with activities ranging from obstacle courses, games and club demonstrations for more than 6,000 people, this event may be a good fit for you.
Late Night at the MU (Friday, August 19, 2016) – If your organization would like to host a booth more conducive for more one on one interactions including display booth, club demonstrations, dance lessons for 3,000 people, this event might be the best option for you.
Our staff is happy to help your organization develop an exciting activity geared toward the new students in attendance. If you are interested in applying to host an activity during Destination Iowa State or have any questions, please email Jenna Heilman at email@example.com or call 515-294-5714. Activities will be accepted first-come first-serve and must be submitted by July 29, 2016.
This May, Iowa State University will host the Odyssey of the Mind World Finals conference. The conference will be large, and ISU Dining needs help serving meals. They are looking for local, civic, community, school and other non-profit organizations that would like to earn extra money for their organization. Assistance will be needed from Wednesday, May 25 through Saturday May 28, 2016. This is a wonderful opportunity for non-profit organizations to raise money for their cause quickly. To participate, contact Diane Schmidt at (515) 294-5573.
Who makes the MU the living room of your Iowa State home? Nominate them for an MU Award! Nominations are due Tuesday, April 12.
- Display all your club's photos in the new photo gallery application.
- Use the new calendar feature to list events and meetings for your members and anyone who visits your webpage. Students can also subscribe to your calendar so that your events show up on their personal calendar within the student organization database, which can be found under "My Stuorg," and then "Calendar."
- Once you create your event on the calendar, you can have event attendees check in with a prox card or card swipe reader that collects participant names in a database within your website. You can then pull an attendance report at any time.
- Manage your subscribers! Students, faculty, staff and anyone with an account can subscribe to your organization to get announcements in addition to the information on your calendar. Be sure to visit the "Manage Subscribers" page to see who's subscribing to your organization, and invite others to subscribe. Once you have a list, you can create and send announcements to those subscribers within the site.
Learn more about how you can earn 25% of revenue earned while your participants have a blast bowling and playing billiards!